Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I don't think people are meant to be by themselves

It's been another long day of bug-fixing; it's had it's ups and downs. After a phone conference in the morning, I was asked to back out a few changes I'd spend a decent amount of time on, in favor of someone else's seemingly shoddy code, keeping the status quo until next month's release. I shouldn't take it personally when I'm not listened to, but I guess it hits me every now and then. No volleyball after prayer meeting tonight; it's difficult to play in or after rain.

At Keith's insistence, I took a test yesterday designed to diagnose Asberger's syndrome. To both his and my amazement, I scored an "unaffected" with a score smack in the middle of their control group. It was funny, as I answered questions, to realize that I'd probably have answered those questions a lot differently just a few short years ago. I'm not _that_ bad at reading people, I just don't always act accordingly; I guess it boils down to self-control.

"I don't think people are meant to be by themselves."
Dr. John "J.D." Dorian, Scrubs

Irony points for the day: Ice-T plays a police detective on TV.

2 comments:

  1. I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!!!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. > I don't think people are meant to be by themselves

    I think people who smell bad are probably meant to be by themselves.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete