Today was an ordinary day, complete with driver bug fixing, washing my car, a friend passing her last undergraduate exams, and of course, me opening my fat mouth. Only one of these things doesn't happen very often. hint: it's not #4.
I'm not usually a person given to foul language. Unlike many of the people I know, even a few I'd count as Christians, don't always exercise the control I wish they would. That said, I catch myself (and often don't catch myself) saying things that I'm ashamed of. James leaps to mind, "if anyone can bridle his tongue, he is a perfect man". "Out of the same mouth come both praise and cursing; my brothers, this should not be." "And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous." " He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy." 'Nuff said.
"Jesus saves" is as redundant as ATM machine and PIN number.
Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD;
keep watch over the door of my lips.
--Ps 141:3
Monday, May 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment