Gemma had fun finger-painting on some white Valentine's I'd cut out of cardstock with pretty scissors. (And, yes, it was homemade finger paint! I used a recipe from my babysitter class days very similar to the cornstarch version here!)
She looked pretty cute in her smock, too . . . which was really an old t-shirt of mine from college. 10 points to anyone who remembers what organization it was from . . .
Since Gemma was already having two babysitters that week, we decided to take her with us for our special dinner out. She was so good and charmed many. :)
(I think it helped that we brought along her favorite book!)
For John's Valentine this year, I made him a version of the card book popularly seen on Pinterest!
And he gave me this sunny yellow orchid!
Gemma got a new hair bow which I made from some scraps of burgundy taffeta.
We tried to get a nice picture at the restaurant . . .
. . . but it was hard!
I especially enjoyed this post, Gretch! Gemma's personality is glowing! Can't wait to see her again. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI've seen the 52 reasons I LOVE you idea on Pinterest and am hoping to make it for Drew for our anniversary. We had playing cards on the tables at our reception and have about 10 decks now, which we don't need and will not be missed if I use one. Where did you buy/find the rings? I've been looking {though not seriously} and can't find them.
ReplyDeleteThat will be a great anniversary gift! I had a little trouble finding rings, too. Target had a spot for them, but they were sold out when I checked, and I wondered if lots of other people had the same idea! I ended up finding some at Kriger, though, so I would just keep checking the office supply sections of your grocery stores. ;)
Delete