Tuesday, December 6, 2011

On Making Things


When my mother and I were talking on the phone recently about the things we had made, we discovered something that I must have inherited from her, either by nature or nurture.  :)  We are both arguably at our happiest when we are making things, especially when we're making something new.  She had just made tiramisu and a new, different kind of soap.  I had just made wreaths and this little nest.  :)

We have lots of bridal and baby showers at our large-ish church, and for our most recent baby shower, I volunteered to bring the corsage. When the coordinator asked if I could make something, I was excited . . . and started pinning ideas . . .

 


This was my favorite of the DIY corsages I found, and so, walking around Michael's with a web page on my iPhone opened up to the very helpful instructions, I picked up the necessary materials.

Only, I couldn't find the right size egg, so I ended up sketching an egg shape on a piece of felt, putting a running stitch around the edge, pulling it tight and stuffing it with three cotton balls.  I also added some silk violets. 

Isn't it sweet?  And I think the expecting mom liked it to, because she was still wearing it on her jacket at church the next day . . . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment