There are lots of great places to walk in our little neighborhood. Recently, though, I felt stuck in a rut, so baby and I decided to venture a different direction. And, lo! Soon the road intersected with a paved (and thus perfect for strollers!) trail! Where did it go?
That morning, we took the trail one way, and it led us to another nearby road which we took home. The next day, we took a different piece of the trail.
The trail led into the woods, which made me so happy! The road noise having faded away, aside from the buzzing of the cicadas and the chirping of the birdies, all was still. "Birdies"--I'm such a mommy now!
I felt like we were home in the country again. We followed it further. And it ended up at . . .
. . . a playground! Then I was very happy indeed! What a wonderful thing for the future, if, Lord willing, we are still in this house. I can envision strollers and little bikes rolling down the trail for a morning outing, homeschool P.E. class consisting of a jog to the playground, and 12 year olds excited to be allowed to ride their bikes to the playground by themselves . . .
Thank you for the little things, our Father!
Lovely :)
ReplyDelete