There's a whole list of things to blog about on the bulletin board in the kitchen, and it's been there for a while . . . but I think we've just been too busy living life to write about it. I've been busy making my bread, yoghurt, granola, and desserts. I've been cleaning the house pretty faithfully, following some of Fly Lady's suggestions. We've been going on walks. I've been sewing a dress. It hasn't been a bad thing. :)
But, right now seems an apt time to write some, so I thought I'd tell you about a recent adventure! At this time last year, I received a half-off voucher to go zip-lining via LivingSocial and thought it would be the perfect birthday gift for John! So, I printed off the vouchers, gave them to him with his birthday card, and they sat in a drawer until now. I was pregnant, then we had a newborn, etc. etc. There seemed to be no perfect time to go. However, since they were about to expire, we finally made the time, picked up our friend Ben and made a day trip off a drive to Carolina Ziplines.
John asked about letting Gemma ride with him in our front-pack carrier, just in case. The owner was open to the idea, but after putting in a phone call to his insurance company, he told us he was sorry. She'll just have to wait until she's two to join in the fun.
She certainly enjoyed chewing on the strap to John's helmet, though! I'm so thankful for breastfeeding. It makes me worry about germs much less than I would otherwise!
John and Ben had an awesome time, and I suspect we may be returning in the future! The owner felt so badly that I had to stay back with the baby, that he let me ride one line for free! It was a long one, too!
Thanks for an awesome birthday for John, Carolina Ziplines!
You're all courageous! This is your Aunt Bing
ReplyDeleteBelated Happy Birthday to John!