Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Welcome, Autumn


Now that it's starting to get cool here, it actually feels like autumn, which is wonderful.  I love when the seasons change. 

This morning, I made an oven apple pancake for my breakfast.  John had waffles from yesterday's leftover batter, because he's my waffle-man.  And, as I suspected, he eyed the apple pancake with strong suspicion bordering on contempt.  ;-)  My family grew up with giant/oven/German/Dutch apple pancake being a big treat.  Sometimes Mom even made it for dinner!  So, the question is . . . am I the only one?  Or does anyone else share my love of the stuff? 

4 comments:

  1. Never had an apple pancake, so maybe you should share your recipe :) It sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried this. It sounds absolutely delicious! I'm proud of you that you make stuff that you like just for you even if the rest of the household doesn't like it. And you make sure that the rest of them get what they like too. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up on them too! And somehow my husband didn't - or waffles, either. He's a regular pancake type of guy. But he does humor me by eating baked pancakes for dinner occasionally (even though he needs to add some eggs or sausage on the side to get full!). :) Fun to learn how to "become one" even in what we're cooking!!!

    ReplyDelete