Monday, February 22, 2010
Dining Room Progress
In spite of my concern last week that John wouldn't be willing to go for robin's egg blue for our dining room, he willingly suggested that I at least pick up some paint samples before we decided against it. So, on Friday, I painted the left half of this wall in "Glass Green" and the right half in "Sea Seeker." It was fun.
The best part is that John's assessment was that neither of them is "the evil color." We're clear to proceed!
I was thinking to put up a poll to see people's opinions on which to choose, but the truth is that colors don't photograph well, at least with my camera, and I think it's too hard to see the difference. And that fact should probably convince me that either will work. I was leaning more toward the bluer tone on the right to start with, but any opinions others may have are most welcome.
This is a bold, bold move for me !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My personal opinion is that I light the lighter color on the left. Both are very similar, so which ever one you chose will look beautiful. It is exciting to be bold with colors. We chose a beautiful and bold red for our dining room and red is my favorite color. A bright yellow is the color of our kitchen. Bold is beautiful! Go for it and have fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your encouragement! We'll see . . . I still haven't decided yet. I've been thinking about painting our bedroom red next, so it's nice to hear that other people have done it successfully! Did the red take many coats?
ReplyDeleteThe men here at the church painted the walls for us before we came. I was able to chose the colors. Don said that they used four or five coats of red paint. They would not have had to do this if they would have started with a pink primer first. I look forward to seeing the progress what ever color you chose to use.
ReplyDelete