Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Old habits die hard... thankfully

No more reverse-video with a quarter of my screen dead and lots of rows of saturated pixels for me... my monitor replacement came in today! Thanks to Evan, who caught the UPS guy as he was leaving, it's installed and working great. Checked in my BladeCenter driver and began work on another; other than that and a long chorale rehearsal, it's been an ordinary day.

I burn the candle at both ends far too often; keeping late hours is in my blood. It's served me well over the years; God has given me quite the work ethic to go with it. I owe that to my parents, because it's something I grew into pretty early. Which is probably also the reason I'm an engineer, a history nut, a halfway decent decorator, can fix most anything, and the neatest person I know. I certainly come by it honestly and I certainly haven't thanked them enough.

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old, he will not depart from it."

No comments:

Post a Comment