We were home for only about three weeks from Thanksgiving until nearly Valentine's Day, whew! Life on the road has its challenges but is not without its own joys, as well. Hopefully I'll get to sharing more trip pictures soon, because there are some precious memories there! For now, though, since it's February it does seem to be about time I scribbled down some goals for 2015 (in no particular order), sprinkling in some updates about the week we spent at home post-Christmas for good measure.
(We watched these cuties so their parents could enjoy a date night!)
House goals:
- Clear pictures from under the guest bed and make a gallery wall
- Give the guest room a face lift in preparation to become the big girl room
- Chalkboard and plate rack in the kitchen
(Ruthie had her first day of Sunday School, and loved every minute :))
- Expand my Biblical literacy by keeping up with an in-depth personal Bible study all year
- Reread Pilgrim's Progress and/or read John Adams
- Workout at least 4 times per week
- Blog a bit more than last year, about once per week
(Our friends watched our little ones and we enjoyed a fancy dinner out.)
Goals for my children:
- Research more educational theorists, especially Charlotte Mason
- Continue last year's goals of daily reading and outdoor play
- Make time to play with my children more and involve them in my work more
(Ruthie and Gemma had their 2 and 4 year old checkups. Gemma got her kindergarten shots and didn't even cry!)
(John got to see his PhD project live at our local Museum of Life and Science!)
(And there was lots of this kind of thing. :))
You might think you could accomplish most of my year-long goals in a month, and you might be very right about that. :) However, I find that making small goals helps organize me with discouraging me.
Here's to another year with my precious little family, and another year walking hand-in-hand with the Lord Jesus. "The Lord knows how to order things better than I. The Lord sees further than I do; I only see things at present but the Lord sees a great while from now." --Jeremiah Burroughs, The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment






No comments:
Post a Comment