Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gemma's New Skirt

 
These were my favorite pajamas in college.  They are the softest, comfiest cotton, and in such a fun pink print!  I wore them until they ripped, then patched them (look closely!), and wore them until they ripped again . . .
 
Before getting married, my mother tried to make me throw them out, but I think John overheard the conversation and intervened.  :)  I did promise not to wear them as a married lady, but I wasn't ready to trash them yet.  And now I'm glad that I didn't! 
 
I've been thinking about making Gemma a skirt from it for about a year now, but it's really best that I waited until she was a walker!  After finding this fun pin on pinterest, I chose skirt tutorial #13 . . . the Layer Cake Skirt from Prudent Baby.  :)  It was easy and fun! 
 
I do like how the tutorial suggests using three different fabrics, but I only used the one this time.  And even though it says to cut 44" long strips of fabric, the pieces I got from the pajama pants were only 34" long, and they still made the skirt plenty full for a little girl Gemma's size!  It only cost me $.99 for the elastic waistband . . . and after I'd purchased that, I wondered if I could have just reused the elastic from the pajamas! 
 
So . . .
 
Isn't it sweet?
 
 
How do you get in?
 
 
We've had so much rain this summer that the grass has been surprisingly green.  :)
 
 
Need I even bother saying it?  The skirt is pink, so of course Gemma Grace loves it, too.  :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment