Thursday, July 1, 2010

She's a GIRL!!


I told John that I could hardly sleep last night, because I felt like I was waiting for Christmas morning!  Then, this morning, it felt like family conference days again - when you're really too tired to get up, but there's so much to look forward to during the day.  We had our "big" ultrasound today and we're very thankful that everything looked good!

Our sonogram tech was wonderful.  It's hard to believe that it's real!


In other news, our attempts to have our neighbors over have been discouraging so far.  Each of the occupied houses nearest us are homes to single ladies, and we've chatted with both on occasion.  The goal was to invite them over together, so we called them both on Saturday night.  We left a message for the first, but the second sounded enthusiastic and said to let her know when the first lady could come for sure.  We met with neighbor #1 on Monday when we were putting out our garbage, and she thanked us but made excuses ("so busy with work" etc.).  I think she just really doesn't want to come over.  So we haven't called the other lady back yet.  Last night at prayer meeting, the man leading the devotional read a quote about how people may reject us and our message, but they are powerless against our prayers.  I need to pray more, definitely . . . and maybe try the second lady again.

p.s. We haven't decided on names yet, but have decided to keep our little girl's name a surprise until birth!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't fun seeing them on the screen? I never had an u/s with Paul, but it was so neat seeing Charlie's hands moving and his mouth sucking. I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so encouraging and beautiful. I was just thinking of you and wanted to check and see if you had posted any "baby news" and I am so glad you had. I've stayed away from blogs and the internet in general, but curiosity overcomes me when it comes to those I love. :) What's your email? I wanted to send you an email really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) We're so happy, too.

    It's gretchenaburchett(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete