No, these aren't from John. And, no, they're not from anyone else! Just listen to the story!
While I was getting ready to leave one of the self-checkout lines at Kroger yesterday, the girl behind the desks asks, "Ma'am, would you like some flowers?"
"Um, excuse me?"
"Would you like some flowers?"
"Would I like some flowers?!"
"We ordered too many this week and we're giving them away!"
Wow, that never happens. Of course I would like flowers, and of course I chose roses. :-D
The next encouraging thing happened at JC Penney. Weeks ago I went online and signed up for their mailing list. Yeah, I do get e-mail ads regularly now, but I was hoping I would also get coupons in the mail like my mom does. And last week I did, the best being a "$10 off a purchase of $10 or more" coupon. Nice.
I needed to buy black tights for our CSD concert on Saturday, so I headed to Penney's with my coupon. Wouldn't you know, there was a "buy one, get one for $1" sale on all hoisery! Nice. I found some nice, $10 tights and picked out the most durable pair of regular beige stockings I could find, which happened to be marked $9. With the sale, the two rang up at a total of $11. I handed the cashier my coupon, paid my $1.08 and left encouraged.
God is kind.
Jenni, if you're reading this now, just be glad that you're on the other side of the Atlantic.
You see, we have a mouse problem. I've been finding mouse droppings in the kitchen towel drawer and in the napkin basket since we returned from Thanksgiving. John found a half eaten peanut butter cup in his bag of Reeses. But, being the laid-back couple that we often are, we dealt with the symptoms and hoped the problem would go away. Still, I kept finding droppings. I'd heard that Bounce will keep mice away, so yesterday I also bought some store-brand dryer sheets and tucked one into the towel drawer and one at the bottom of the napkin basket. Yay, no more droppings!
And yet . . .
And yet, now the little beasts are digging holes into my precious growing herbs! I'm angry with them now and John agrees that it seems to be trap-time . . . updates to come, with no pictures for the sake of the squeamish. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment